Luoyang Bridge

The Luoyang Bridge lies over the Luoyang River, which divides Quanzhou City (quán zhu shì ) and Hui'an County (huái n xiàn), 10 kilometers east of Quanzhou City in Fujian Province (fú jiàn shng ). Luoyang Bridge, also known as Wan'an Bridge (wàn n qiáo ), is a girder-type stone bridge. Its construction began in 1053 during the Northern Song Dynasty (bi sòng ) (960-1127) and lasted seven years. The original bridge was over 1,200 meters long and five meters wide, with 46 piers, 500 railings, 28 stone lions, seven pavilions and nine stone pagodas. The bridge was listed among other famous girder stone bridges in ancient China.


Disclaimer:China bridge network publishing this article for the purpose of dissemination of more information ,the statement of the text wasn't confirmed. The point of view just stands for the articles ,has nothing to do with Chinese Bridge Network. If the owner of copyright want to delete please let us know and we will remove it within three working days , thank you!

Recommendation